Monday, February 20, 2012

HOLD MUSIC


        Everything is on hold. As I list the excuses in my mind, the list only comes to three, and not one of them is any good.
         The first is that I’m back on a diet. Briefly. Just to get the holiday weight off, plus a little I didn’t get the first time, and mostly to reset the metabolism, if that’s really true about this diet. The idea is that if I do everything right, the hypothalamus will reset itself to my current BFI, and quit desperately trying to regain all the weight. That is my excuse for not attacking the learn to cook goal. It’s weak, but it doesn’t matter, because I’m fast approaching the goal weight – 185 pounds, 60 pounds from where I started this last year.
          Then I have to gain muscle. Like 10-15 pounds of it. No bigs.
          My excuse for letting family home evening and family scripture study slide is that my wife is currently unable to join in. Poor thing, she’s up late every night on the computer either grading or writing papers. Soon, though, she will be teaching, but no longer a student – she graduates in less than one month with her MBA! I’m so proud of her. When that happens, we’ll be straight down the line on this.
          Again, neither is a great excuse. I still need to cook for the kids, and especially to get them eating vegetables. Tonight, I intend to put a fair amount of time into meal planning, and trying to make it economical to eat well. Which is to say, food other than frozen pizzas and boxes of macaroni and cheese. For the spiritual, there’s nothing stopping me from really launching into my personal scripture study and prayer, nor from beginning to plan for the lessons I’ll be teaching every week in four more weeks.
          As for the music, there is one thing: We just purchased Adobe Master Creative Suite. It’s awesome, and will be doing all sorts of graphics for Trin and audio/video editing for me once we learn it. Only it’s so awesome, our computer isn’t up to the challenge. So we need a new computer. Again, still a weak excuse. I had enough before I bought it to begin recording, to say nothing of singing and arranging.
          The real obstacle? I could pontificate and search deep down and bore you to tears, but probably more fun to just go downstairs and dig out that recipe for no-carb cauliflower crust pizza. I’ll let you know if it’s awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment